HOGANGUARDS LIMITED (HGL, We, Our), we understand the importance of privacy, with particular reference to information or personal Data / Information shared by Data / Information Subjects (you, your) and we continually strive to ensure the protection of Data / Information collected at the highest level and the extent permissible by all relevant laws.
This policy constitutes our intention and commitment to ensuring your privacy when using our website, social media or digital platform, applications, newsletter, services, content, technologies, blog and within our premises (Hogan Tools). It details the policy guiding the collection, use, storage, processing, destruction and disclosure of personal Data / Information of Data / Information Subjects.
It is pertinent to note that for the purpose of this policy, HGL is the Data / Information controller. Also, this policy is given and bound by the provision of the Nigeria Data / Information Protection Regulation 2019.
- RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECT
This policy describes your privacy rights, with regards to personal Data / Information collection, use, storage, sharing/ transfer, processing and protection. It also highlights the measures taken to protect Data / Information collected through various means and platforms. Sincerely
As a Data / Information Subject of Hogan tools, you have the following rights, which may be exercised by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to request the production / obtain personal Data / Information collected.
- The right to restrict the processing of Data / Information
- The right to withdraw consent i.e. request that Data / Information or information held be destroyed and that there be a seizure in collection of Data / Information. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- The right to opt out of marketing communications, newsletters and other subscriptions.
You accept this policy and give consent to HGL to obtain and process personal Data / Information upon access to the Hogan tools, either for enquires, official or non-official purposes.
This policy may be amended from time to time and all HGL tool Data / Information Subjects shall be notified by the posting and pasting of the revised version in a conspicuous way and place.
Also, we may collect and use Data / Information provided by third parties like social media/ digital platforms, search engines etc. and the security/protection of information so released and collected shall not be within the purview of HGL’s control. HGL shall therefore not be responsible for the collection, use or processing.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain Data / Information from your computer, mobile device and other electronic access device through the following ways:
- By request: this includes information obtained directly from the Data / Information Subject. This includes; name, phone number, email address, sex and other information requested for by HGL and supplied by the Data / Information Subject pursuant to an enquire, request, subscription or general use of Hogan tools.
- By use: this is Data / Information obtained indirectly and automatically be accessing Hogan tools. This includes Internet Process (IP) address, time of access, domain name, browser type, device type etc.
Personal Data / Information:While using our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data / Information”) and this includes name, email address, phone number, date of birth etc. it also includes information contained in Curriculum Vitae.
Location Data / Information: If location detection services have been enabled on your computer, mobile device or other electronic device used in accessing Hogan tool, we may collect details on your location to enable the rendering of more efficient services to you. If you do not want us to collect location Data / Information, please deactivate location detection service.
Log information: this information is collected automatically, gathered and stored by most websites. This information includes: IP addresses, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, date/ time stamp, exit pages, device ID, model and manufacturer etc.
Mobile Device Access: We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, calendar, bluetooth, contacts, storage and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s setting.
Cookies Data / Information: These are small pieces of information (text files) sent from the website (Hogan tool) to the Data / Information Subjects device and stored on the hard drive. These files are used to ensure Data / Information Subject satisfaction and a more efficient experience while using the tool. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be unable to use or access some portions of Hogan tools or our services.
- USE OF DATA / INFORMATION COLLECTED
Generally, the information collected from Data / Information Subjects is to enable us provide a seamless and easy experience while using Hogan tools, to ensure requests are responded to timeously and transactions processed appropriately. The usage of Data / Information may be extended whenever required, to meet legal, regulatory, statutory, contractual or judicial obligations and other legitimate business concerns. Use of Data / Information may include but not limited to the following:
- To provide access to Hogan tools, platforms and services
- To receive newsletters and other marketing or business subscriptions.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide and maintain our services
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To process enquires, queries and transactions
- Verify identity of Data / Information Subject (including age and if such is human)
- Resolve disputes and complaints about services
- Request, collect and confirm accruable fees and other relevant payments
- To deliver targeted adverts to you on our services.
- SHARING, DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF DATA / INFORMATION
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide the information and for another other reason disclosed by us when we request for the information and you provide same.
- The fulfilment of legal, regulatory, statutory, contractual or judicial proceedings/ obligations, governmental requests and other legitimate business concerns.
- Sharing with our Holding Company, Hogan group, subsidiaries within the Hogan Group, affiliate companies, associates, other related organisations/ persons.
- Service providers, vendors and other related organisations/ persons. This also includes mergers and acquisitions.
- Where the Data / Information Subject or owner of the Data / Information consents to the Data / Information being shared to a third party.
- Third party service providers to provide services we offer, provide technical support/ repairs and other services.
- To protect and defend the right or property of Hoganguards Limited.
- We may disclose Data / Information where it becomes necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action (defend or prosecute) issues relating to the violation or potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, misrepresentations (including ascertaining the age of a Data / Information Subject of Hogan tools), situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Where Hoganguards, its subsidiaries, affiliates Group Company or holding company is undergoing negotiations, merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another, including the purchase of other business enterprises by Hogan guards and affiliates6 referenced in Paragraph C above.
- With the consent of the Data / Information subject, Data / Information/ personal information may be shared for other purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data / Information to a Foreign Country
- Hoganguards limited shall ensure that National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has ascertained whether the foreign country, territory or international organisation falls within those with adequate Data / Information protection and this shall be guided by the Nigeria Data / Information Protection Regulation, 2019 (NDPR);
- The Data / Information subject has consented to the transfer;
- The transfer is in the performance of a contract between the Data / Information subject and the Hoganguards Limited;
- The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the Data / Information subject between Hogangaurds Limited and another natural or legal person;
- The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest;
- The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data / Information Subjects or other persons, where the Data / Information Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
Provided, in all circumstances, that the Data Subject has been manifestly made to understand through clear warnings of the specific principle(s) of Data / Information protection that are likely to be violated in the event of transfer to a third country, this proviso shall not apply to any instance where the Data / Information Subject is answerable in duly established legal action for any civil or criminal claim in a third country.
- SECURITY OF DATA / INFORMATION
The security of your Data / Information is important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet it itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- PURPOSE LIMITATION
- PERSONAL DATA / INFORMATION RETENTION
All Data/ Personal information collected, shall be retained, stored, deleted and destroyed by Hoganguards Limited in line with statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements.
The length of storage of personal Data/ Information obtained by HGL, shall to the extent permissible under the governing laws and HGL’s policy on document retention be determined by:
(a) the terms of contract between HGL and the Data Subject or for as long as is needed for the purpose for which it was obtained;
(b) whether the transaction, contract or relationship between the parties has statutory implication or a statutory retention period; or
(c) whether there is an express request for the destruction/ deletion of Personal Data / Information collected by the Data / Information Subject, provided that such request will only be treated where the Data / Information Subject is not under any investigation, legal or judicial obligation ,which may require the retention or production of such Personal Data / Information or there is no subsisting contractual or pre-contractual arrangement with the Data / Information Subject that would require the further processing of the Personal Data / Information; or
(d) whether HGL has a lawful or legitimate basis for retaining that information beyond the period for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose.
In line with NDPR, HGL shall be entitled to retain, store and process Personal Data / Information collected for the purpose of archiving, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes for public interest.
HGL shall destroy/ delete Personal Data / Information in in her possession where it is no longer required by HGL or in line with HGL’s Document Retention Policy, provided HGL is not required by law or regulation to retain or further process such Personal Data / Information.
- PERSONAL DATA / INFORMATION RETENTION PERIOD
- CONTACT US
For question, comments and enquires on this policy, our compliance data protection officer may be contacted by email: email@example.com or by post: The Data Protection Officer, Block 1 Plot 8 Aduke birogba Industrial Avenue, Km 5 Lagos- Ibadan Expressway, Riverview Estate, Isheri, Ogun State.